Governors and Friends of Sutton Benger School ('FoSBS')
The next full governor meeting will be on Thursday 23 November 2017 at 7.00pm... ..an Extraordinary meeting of the governing body will be held on Monday 13 November at 7.30pm.
GOVERNING BODY OF SUTTON BENGER PRIMARY SCHOOL
All schools in England have a governing body which is responsible for overseeing many of the strategic decisions of the school. Sutton Benger's governing body is proud of the school, its staff and pupils.
The governing body is an active and enthusiastic team helping to make strategic decisions about the direction of the school, acting as a critical friend and offering support and challenge to the senior leadership of the school.
What are the governing body's core functions of governance?
- ensuring clarity of school vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- holding the executive headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is ell spent.
Find out more about the Board of Governors, Governor Meetings and Organisational Structure, please click on the links below...
For information on the organisational structure and governor profiles.
For access to approved copies of governing body meeting minutes and supplementary documents.
Up-to-date governance documents and standards used by the governing body.
For information on the different ways to contact the governing body.
Clerk to Governor News Feeds
- Annual NGA/TES survey: full report of the findings
Tuesday 3 October, 2017
- Parents’ and teachers’ views on Ofsted
Thursday 27 July, 2017
- What governing boards should expect from school leaders and what school leaders should expect from governing boards has been updated for 2017.
Monday 26 June, 2017
- FFTAspire Training for Local Boards (June 20, 2017)
Friday 19 May, 2017
- National Governors’ Association changes name to National Governance Association
Friday 31 March, 2017
FRIENDS OF SUTTON BENGER SCHOOL ('FoSBS')
(PRONOUNCED FOZBIZ OR FOZBEES)
FoSBS is the parent teacher organisation of Sutton Benger Primary School.
All parents, teachers and Sutton Benger staff are automatically members of FoSBS and are welcome at all FoSBS events and meetings!
FoSBS play three important roles at the school:
- We organise most of the school events and coordinate voluntary contributions to the school;
- We lead in Sutton Benger Primary School fundraising activity;
- We serve as a voice for parents on school related issues.
The key objective of FoSBS is to advance the education of the pupils of the school by providing and assisting in the provision of facilities for education at the School. The other aims of FoSBS are to:
- Engage in activities which support the school.
- Provide an informal forum to keep parents in touch with school development.
FoSBS hold regular meetings, to which all parents/carers, teachers, school staff and governors are invited.
If you would like to speak with FoSBS please contact one of its Co-Chair's Mrs Kate Ellis or Mrs Karen Wigley through the School Office or directly via email at:
Latest Governing Body Events
- Clerks Newsletter & Training Update26Oct2017
8:00 am - 9:00 am @ Clerk
- Extraordinary FGB Meeting30Oct2017
8:00 am - 8:00 pm @ Co-Chair of Governors
Release of draft agenda to Co-Chairs
- Clerks Newsletter & Training Update02Nov2017
8:00 am - 9:00 am @ Clerk
- 2nd Autumn (Term 2) Full Governing Body Meeting02Nov2017
@ Co-Chair of Governors
2nd Autumn (Term 2) Full Governing Body Meeting – Thursday 23 November, 2017 - Release of draft agenda to Co-Chairs & Vice-Chair
- Extraordinary FGB Meeting06Nov2017
8:00 am - 8:00 pm @ Governing Body Communication
Formal Agenda and Enclosures issued by Clerk to Governing Body